Auto Insurance

Auto Insurance

Get the car insurance coverage you need at a price you can afford.

The right auto insurance policy can help get you back on the road quickly and inexpensively if your car is damaged or destroyed by accident, fire, theft, or another covered event.

Your policy may also provide protection against medical and legal expenses resulting from injury, loss of life, or property damage caused by an accident involving your vehicle.

Safe Harbor Insurance is an independent insurance agency, meaning that we can compare quotes and coverages from a variety of top providers to ensure that you get what’s best for your specific circumstances. We’re licensed in thirteen states and we also insure motorcycles, classic cars, motor homes, boats, Jet Skis, ATVs, and airplanes!

Request a free online quote or call us at 360-378-2949 to get started.

How Much Car Insurance Do You Need?

Auto insurance requirements vary by state. In Washington State, to drive you must carry Liability Coverage, which pays for losses you cause to others.

The liability limits in Washington are required to be at least:

  • $25,000 for injuries or death to another person
  • $50,000 for injuries or death to all other people
  • $10,000 for damage to another person’s property

However, we strongly recommend opting for higher liability limits and considering additional coverages. These include Collision Insurance, Comprehensive Insurance, and Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Protection.

(Learn more about why state minimum liability isn’t enough.)


Auto Insurance Basics – Types of Optional Coverage

Collision: Collision insurance coverage pays for damage caused to your vehicle in an automobile accident. Standard collision coverage will pay for any repairs up to the fair market value of your car. Collision coverage usually includes an insurance deductible. It’s the amount of money you pay toward repairs before your collision insurance kicks in. The higher the deductible you’re willing to pay, the less the collision coverage will cost.

Comprehensive: Comprehensive insurance covers damage done to your car in some way other than a collision, such as if it were stolen or vandalized. Flood, hurricane, theft, windshield damage and fire are also events usually covered by comprehensive car insurance. Like collision, comprehensive will pay up to the fair market value of your car (less your insurance deductible.) And although it’s not legally required by any state, you will probably need it if your car is financed.

Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist: Uninsured/underinsured motorist protection pays for vehicle damage or bodily injury caused by another driver, in the event that the person at fault has insufficient or no insurance. In Washington State, it is estimated that approximately 16% of drivers are uninsured (Insurance Research Council, 2016)!

Every situation is unique — talk to us today to find out how to get the best value on car insurance. Request a free quote or call today at 360-378-2949.

Need an insurance quote? Get in touch!

Access quotes from Washington's most trusted insurance carriers. It’s comparison shopping at the click of a mouse.