Over that past few years there have been many disasters both form nature and man. These include wildfires in California, Oregon, Texas and Colorado, Hurricane Katrina, Hurricane Sandy, flooding in Washington and Texas, winter storms in the Northeast, tornados in the Midwest, earthquakes in the west and more.
Many Washington homeowners decide to go without flood insurance. Some people figure the odds are low that anything will happen, while other people think that a flood is covered under their current policy. Let us correct you; unless you have added flood insurance coverage, it is excluded. We agree that the probability is low, nonetheless, it does exist. Now is the time to consider Washington flood insurance.
- It is important to purchase the right kind of homeowners insurance. If you want flood or earthquake coverage you will need a spate policy in most cases. IF you live in a high wind area you also may need special wind coverage.
- If you live close to water flood insurance should be considered. Discuss flood insurance for you home and/or business with us. Homeowners and business owner’s policies do not over flood; it usually must be purchased through the National Flood Insurance Program.
- Create an inventory of your personal property. Use a video camera to document all your personal property and store it off your premises.
- Once flooding starts. it is most likely too late to get it, but it is possible to get it next time, said the NFIP.
- Wildfires can start in neighbors and cause substantial damage.
- Think about what you can do to bolster your house and make it less susceptible to damage. org.
Talk with Safe Harbor Insurance today: 360-378-2949 or email to identify the best combination of coverage, value and price just for you