We’re all “jazzed” up about our newest Charity of the Quarter: Band Families & Friends!
Band Families & Friends is a non-profit support group that was organized on San Juan Island in 1998 to:
- Provide logistical support for middle and high school band activities, uniform distribution, chaperones, and music cataloging.
- Provide financial support for expenditures to enhance the band programs, beyond what is provided by the school district budget.
- Work in conjunction with the school district to plan and support special events and trips.
This past school year, BFF supported the FHMS and FHHS band students by providing financial support and chaperones for FHHS band students to attend the UW Band Day in September, purchasing and distributing uniforms, providing pizza and snacks for pep band performances, paying for instrument repairs, sponsoring band scholarships for graduating students, sponsoring special band instructional events, and providing chaperones for Spring FHMS and FHHS band festivals.
- Refer a friend or family member to Safe Harbor! For every referral we receive, we will donate $10 to Band Families & Friends.
- Donate directly to the BFF organization. Make checks payable to: Band Families & Friends, P.O. Box 183, Friday Harbor, WA 98250.
- As always, keep an eye on our blog here and on our Facebook page for more ways to get involved!