Families and Neighbors Support Island Rec – and so can you!
Our new Charity of the Quarter, FANS for short, works to support the amazing programs that Island Rec has to offer. FANS raises funds that are used to keep Island Rec programming free or affordable through sponsorship, scholarships, and reduced costs. In 2018, FANS raised more than $15,000! This meant that they were able to sponsor:
- 140 Learn to Swim Scholarships
- Music on the Lawn
- Movies in the Park
- Children’s Festival
- Doggie Waste Bags / Garbage for parks
- Free British Soccer Clinic
- Teen Camp Support
- 8.8k Run
- New Years Eve
- Promotional Items for Island Rec events
- Father Daughter Dance
- Resolution Run
- Teen Flashlight Egg Hunt
- Soap Box Derby
- FANS Fund Scholarships
As we start looking eagerly forward to spring and summer, consider how many of the fun island activities your family participates in that are put on by Island Rec! Like FANS on Facebook to see exciting upcoming events and programs, and to find out where your support is needed.
So how can YOU help?
- Refer a friend or family member to Safe Harbor! For every referral we receive, we will donate $10 to FANS.
- Start your Amazon shopping at smile.amazon.com and choose “Families and Neighbors Support Island Rec” as your charity. Amazon will donate a portion of the proceeds to FANS.
- Donate directly on the Families and Neighbors Support Island Rec website, and you’ll become a member of the FAN Club!
- As always, keep an eye here on our blog and on our Facebook page for more ways to get involved!