The weather has changed. Over the next number of months we will all be experiencing winter’s wrath. Now is the time to get your home, auto, RV, and boats ready for winter. Remember, we can help you with all your San Juan County personal insurance needs.
San Juan County Winter Checklist
- Get your furnace serviced if needed. Turn on your furnace to make sure everything is working properly.
- Clean your fireplace if necessary.
- Check windows and doors for drafts and efficiency.
- Get your motor boat out of the water, drain all fluids and follow the manufacturer’s recommendations for winter storage. For more information, go here.
- Make sure your RV is winterized. Here is some good information.
- Check your inventory to verify that you have extra supplies like water, flashlights, food and candles on hand.
- Purge all sprinkler system lines of water with an air compressor to prevent freezing and bursting.
- Ice and snow can weigh down branches, so be sure to remove any that are hanging too close to the house.
- Invest in a home energy audit.
- Put a clean filter in your furnace.
- Replace batteries in smoke detectors.
- If you have any ceiling fans inside your home, know the rules; counter-clockwise rotation produces cooling breezes and clockwise rotation produces warmer air.
Based in Friday Harbor, Safe Harbor Insurance is proud to serve the insurance needs of San Juan County and all of Washington. Let us help you find the right auto, home, life and commercial insurance to meet your personal insurance needs. Contact us now for quick, competitive quotes!