Auto Insurance Rate Increases
There are many factors that may cause your Friday Harbor auto insurance rates to increase. These factors might include having a number of accidents, adding teen drivers or buying a newer car. The primary factors that will contribute to increased Friday Harbor auto insurance rates are moving violations. Also, drivers who file an auto insurance claim will see their rates climb by an average of 38% nationwide, while those who file two claims within a 12-month period can expect to pay nearly twice as much as claim-free drivers, according to a new report by Quadrant Information Systems.
The Most Expensive Auto Violations Nationwide Include:
1. DUI—93% increase in insurance premium
2. Reckless driving—82% increase
3. Speeding—30% increase for 31+ mph over the limit
28% increase for 16-30mph over the limit
21% increase for 1-15mph over the limit
4. Careless driving—27% increase
5. Failure to stop—19% increase
6. Failure to yield to pedestrians—19% increase
7. Driving in a carpool lane—18% increase
How to Keep Auto Insurance Rates Down
- Be a defensive driver
- Combine your home and auto with one insurer. If you purchase your auto, homeowners and umbrella coverage from one carrier, for example, the impact of violations on premiums may be less severe.
- Use an independent agent who can shop your insurance on a regular basis.
Based in Friday Harbor, Safe Harbor Insurance is proud to serve the insurance needs of San Juan County and all of Washington. Let us help you find the right auto, home, life and commercial insurance to meet your personal needs. Contact us now for quick, competitive quotes