Restaurant Insurance from Safe Harbor Insurance

June 10, 2013

Couple Dining

The single most important insurance coverage your restaurant or bar needs is Liquor Liability. Liquor Liability will defend you against charges, losses, and claims resulting from your negligence arising out of serving or selling alcohol. If your operation were found liable you could lose hundreds of thousands of dollars.

If you serve a customer alcohol and they are involved in an accident, the injured party and the person to whom you served the alcohol can file a claim against your business for damages.

Liquor Liability Insurance is available, but not always included, under Commercial General Liability policies. In fact, most standard liability policies exclude Liquor Liability. Liquor Liability can be purchased as an endorsement to your Commercial General Liability policy. If you serve or sell alcohol at your restaurant, bar, tavern, we recommend you add this coverage.

Safe Harbor Insurance. also recommends you provide training for employees on how to spot someone who has had too much to drink. We always recommend you refuse to serve someone intoxicated, and train employees on how to properly measure the amount of alcohol they serve. Safe Harbor Insurance  has many insurance companies from which to choose, which helps keeps premiums low. There are a number of other coverage’s you should consider as well:

  • Medical Payments
  • Employment Liability
  • Workers’ Compensation
  • Liquor Liability
  • Umbrella
  • Loss of Rents & Business Income
  • Equipment Breakdown
  • Food Spoilage
  • Cyber Liability
  • Computer Equipment
  • Signs

Call us today for a free review of your program.